THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zim Leopard shot off female leopard he killed

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Leopard shot off female leopard he killed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A while back there was a hunt report where a hunter shot his trophy leopard off a young female leopard that had been killed by the trophy leopard. If my memory serves me correctly the leopard returned to the kill and was shot off the "leopard" bait. If anyone can remember the hunt and has a link or knows who has pics of it please can they point me in the right direction

Thanks

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of editor-ant
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott

I am not sure where (or if) it was posted on AR, though we did publish the story in the magazine recently (Vol.14 No.6) writen by R. Vaughn Gourley. I can either snail-mail you a copy of the mag from RSA or convert it to a PDF and e-mail it to you. Just let me have either address.

Ant Williams

African Hunter Magazine African Fisherman Magazine

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Yes,

I remember the report. Do a search in the hunt reports

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

It was Use Enough Gun's report. A very weird set of circumstances and great story.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Here's the trip report. UEG Leopard

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's me. The full story was found in African Hunter magazine, as Ant Williams pointed out. The trophy leopard is being shipped from Life Form Taxidermy through Safari Cargo even as we speak. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see it! Cool

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help, certainly a unique story and yet another instance of an interesting animal fact being recorded and documented by hunters whilst in the field- the kind that photographic safari goers will generally miss

UEG great leopard!

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mark DeWet
posted Hide Post
Yip - just what these armchair conservasionists and Greenies dont understand - Because us hunters are "out there" all the time and close to the coal face we invariably WILL see and learn a lot more about nature and wildlife than they ever will.Amazing how over time it has been hunters who have come up with facts on the more unusual aspects of wildlife.SUCK IT UP YOU GREENIES !!

Mark

Mark DeWet
Mark DeWet Safaris - Africa
E-mail: marksafex@icon.co.za

... purveyors of traditional African safaris

Posts: 86 | Location: Southern Africa | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It was the leopard hunt of a lifetime for sure! The African Hunter story tells it all. Here's another picture for everyone's enjoyment:

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumb

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote