THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Superior Ammunition and Northfork Bullets are GREAT companies!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superior Ammunition and Northfork Bullets are GREAT companies!
 Login/Join

<allen day>
posted
I had a dilema this year. I've been in and out of town a lot on business, etc., and I just don't have much time for load development, etc.

I needed a set of .416 Remington solid and softpoint loads that delivered the goods and hit in the same place for use in Tanzania this year, and for the life of my rifle.

So I decided to punt and asked Larry at Superior Ammunition to develop such loads for me. So I sent a box full of premium bullets I had on hand, including 370 gr. Northfork softs, solids, and Cup-Point solids, along with my prized Echols-built custom Model 70 .416 Rem., for him to go to work with.

The result was actually a trio of loads with all three North fork bullets that hit in the same place, and group under 3/4" at 100 yds. Velocity with these 370 gr. NFs is 2430 fps. out of my rifle. So I have a set of lifetime loads for this rifle that should perform and accomplish any task I put this gun to.

Superior furnishes the exact load recipe, so I can put together more of the same myself, or else if I don't have time to produce my own ammo, they can supply me with it.

Either way, Superior Ammo knows that they are about, no doubt about it, and Mike at Northfork knows how to produce accurate bullets!

www.superiorammo.com

www.northforkbullets.com

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen...Larry and Annie at Superior have always been top drawer!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I have used Superior before too, and they deliver.

Mike Brady's bullets are the bomb.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey Allen, I was wondering where you were off too ( thanks for the box too). I've heard nothing but good things regarding Superior's products. What was the turnaround time for the load development including your rifle's return? Every time I think about how much time I've spent discovering a load that works, let alone shoot to the same POI with softs and solids, I think it worthwhile just to send the rifle to Superior and let them develop them for you. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had the opportunity to shoot some loads I worked up with Northfork .404 softs and cups.
Both hit the same point of impact!
I can't wait to use em on game!

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen,

I used Superior a couple of times when I was stumped at the loading bench. I've been more than satisfied. Not only that, Larry knows about all the new bullets and powders that might work best for your particular application. He get a huge amount of feedback from his customers and he knows what works and what doesn't.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Superior furnishes the exact load recipe, so I can put together more of the same myself, or else if I don't have time to produce my own ammo, they can supply me with it.

I asked them to work up some loads for me about 6-months ago and specifically asked if I could have the recipe... Larry himself told me that if he developed the loads, I could NOT have the recipe.

Maybe I didn't ask nicely enough?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Mike Brady supported me in Iraq and he has continued supporting me since I've been home. In return, he will have my support for life... his or mine, whichever ends first.

And a side story on Mike: For Christmas, 2003, when I was in "the box," he sent me a glossy, "coffee table" book on blackpowder revolver conversions. Those of you who don't do cowboy action shooting, and/or have no interest in conversions, can't imagine what genuine JOY receiving that NICE book, for Christmas, gave me when I was spending that particular holiday season "out of town."

Mike's a good man. Period.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I've heard a lot of people talk about the Northfork Cup-Point bullets. When I look at their website, all I see listed are their softs. Are the cup-points and solids a special order item from them?

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talentrec,

you can read some info as well as see pics of recovered softs and cups here at this link:

http://www.worldshooter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=474

Posts: 584 | Location: Blue Island, IL | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot Superior loads in all 3 of my doubles and in each case they regulated and shot very well.
North Fork Bullets and Mike are great as well. I will be using the cup point bullets in my 450 No2 March of 2006 on buff.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I used Mike's ammo before I went to Africa and had some feeding problems and he stood behind his products and did not charge for the first batch of his flat nosed bullets and he now has a second generation of bullets available and I met him at Dallas in January...I introduced myself being from Wyoming, Pa. he remembered me and handed me the new tips to load and try...
A class act...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I field tested Northfork cup points and flat nose solids prior to production, and advised Mike they were the BEST bullets I had ever used on Cape Buffalo, and that they worked great on plainsgame surprisingly enough....I had used the soft points for several years before that and knew they were the best soft point on the market.....

No, I am not affilated with Northfork, but through my testing and the excellence of his product we have become good friends...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a true beleaver in both Superior and North Fork. I am an accuracy nut will all my rifles and found out early on that when I start a project, get a box of Superior Ammo cartridges in that chambering, get the brass from Larry, pick the most accurate bullet available and start shooting. When I started on the .416 Rem for Africa, I did just that. The box of cartridges from Superior got me a one hole group, which really impressed me, I then bought brass from Larry, bought North Fork bullets and a successful African hunt for Buffalo followed. Same thing with the .358 STA's I shoot. It is a wildcat that Superior loads with the correct stamped brass. Larry was kind enough to sell me all the brass I wanted to load and shoot. ----- Superior is now loading North Forks and in my opinion there is no better combo for the shooting public, and reloading nuts like those on AR, particularly if accuracy with tough hunting loads is your game. thumb wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about Conley Precision Cartridge? Don't they do what Superior does?

Please enlighten....

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience with Superior has been wonderful. I have taken buffalo lion and numerous plains game with Superior ammo.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Likewise my experience with these folks has been stellar. Great people to deal with and definitely great product and service.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote