THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Out of topic but I want to share..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Out of topic but I want to share..
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Thanks everyone!! I've already make a deal with her...at least 10 days a year I will be able to go hunting overseas.
Thanks God is the happy/nervous style.

1115, you are getting married in two days and you are not scared????? what kind of man you are?? what a shame!!

Every decent man should be a hunter and every decent hunter must be scared of getting married!!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Sorry is out of topic but...I'm getting married in 7 weeks and I'm VERY nervous. Is this normal?

Every morning at 6 am I'm up with a knot in my stomach!!

Please, I need some "spiritual" support urgently
Any recomandation is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't laugh but I'm seriously considering in going hunting for waterbuff, I think that putting holes in a big one will calm me down.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Lorenzo. I can't remember what it was like it was so long ago; forty four years, to be exact. In fact, I can't even remember what it was like not to be married.

Good luck and best wishes.

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post

What a wonderful idea! Hunt a dangerous big animal to get the adrenalin going really well to calm your nerves about getting into bed with a tiger?

Getting married is not so bad. Staying married and refraining from murder, well, that's another story.

Good luck with both endeavors!

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look a long time to your guns, reloading equipment, hunting clothes, fishing rods and tackle and such things...it may be very well the last time you see it

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It all depends whether it is a good/delicious/happy/scared nervous or a worried/depressed/what-the-hell-am-I-doing nervous.

Shooting a buffalo is always satisfying, but your fiance might get mad if you shoot her mother. Oops, sorry, I see you were talking about a "water buffalo".

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm getting married on Saturday (Sept 18) and I am not nervous at all, but I wish you well with your case of "nerves". Best of luck.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Good luck to you brother! If your marriage is like mine, your hobbies will start costing you twice as much. For example:

My new over/under cost me the price of the gun plus a three diamond pendant.

After I booked my trip to Namibia for 2005, a contractor showed up to put tile in the laundry room, master bathroom and kids bathroom. This was no coincidence.

Hell, once I thought, just thought, about getting a camper for deer camp and it cost me a new dinning room set.

If I had one suggestion, it would be to get all the toys you can now, it will cost you less in the long run.

All kidding aside, congratulations.

George

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funerals are more fun, and you don't have to dance.
JCN
PS In my misspent youth it was always easier to pick up girls at funerals than weddings.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got married in Africa, I was real nervous, afraid it was going to cut into my huning time. I was late for my own wedding, was trailing a wildebeest. Like I said I was nervous, made a bad shot.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez...
I went to ( got dragged along to ) a wedding with a lady friend a few weeks ago. She gently nudged me in the ribs, and with misty eyes gave me "that look." Put me off my feed so much I couldn't enjoy the reception.

Still get the shudders thinking about it,but my hat is off to you guys. Blessings and happiness to you.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, you are getting married in 7 weeks and you are only getting nervous now? You must have nerves of steel I say!

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Interesting story about my own wedding and shooting: My best friend Jason who got married a year before me and he was more than a little nervous to say the least. So the night before his wedding I took him out to try his new 7mm mag (wedding gift from his Dad). First shot out of the tube he gets bit by the scope right across the bridge of his nose. It was a real good one too. So in all his wedding pics he has this black and blue tinge under both his eyes and a heck of a scab. His new bride was EXTREMELY upset with me for getting him banged for her wedding pics.

Now jump forward one year and it is my turn at the alter. I was nervous and scared as could be so Jason took me to the very same spot in the desert to try out my new 300 Win Mag. Wouldnt you know it: first shot I get one heck of a scope bite across the bridge of the nose. (first time I was ever bitten by a scope) My bride wasnt too upset but the new in-laws were very upset about me ruining the wedding pics with a nice scar across the nose in all the pics.

I can attest to the fact that even with scope cuts we both felt much better after banging away for awhile.

We just celebrated our 10th last week and have managed to not murder each other so it must be doing OK.

Best of luck and go shoot your buff.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can she clean fish and skin game???

Posts: 318 | Location: People's Republic of New York | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

As of August 22nd of this year, it's been twelve years for me. My wife Lori had no intrest in hunting when we married, but was well aware of my love of the sport. Our first home, (an apartment) displayed many of the mounts I had taken before I even met her. In 2001 I hunted in Zimbabwe with my cousin. I asked her to join us, but she rejected my offer. After seeing the photos and hearing the stories, she asked if she could join me on the next trip. Now get this. She has always enjoyed shooting with me, in fact she is a very good shot. But, this girl had never fired a live round of ammo at anything with fur or feathers. She told me she wanted to try hunting, so I bought her an M70 in 7X57 and helped her practice in any way I could. She shot five animals on our trip, at ranges from 130 to 250 yards. Her Gemsbuck was the only one that required a second shot. I was bursting with pride!! I will say that a spouse or a child is the best hunting buddy you can ever hope for. Hang in ther Lorenzo, you never know what can happen!

BOWHUNR

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, as a marriage counselor, pysch and Marriage & Family professor, and a currently single man, my only advice to you is...RUNNNNNNN.
But if the above were really true, why would I think that I'd like to tie the knot again? The sharing, and the hope that I too could have a wife who would enjoy hunting with me rather than for me.
Max

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lorenzo! You are supposed to be scared, that�s half the fun. My wife knew what she was getting into when she married me and when a friend asked: "How can you marry that bum?" she answered: "Living with Curt is exciting -you never know what he�ll cook up next". I truly love her. Hunting time may deteriorate when the kids come but after a few years of cholic and diapers you�ll be back in the bush -with your kids.

I�ve been with Tina for 23 years and it�s been great -not every moment but that you can�t expect.

Two pointers: Keep the reception small and don�t get drunk at your own wedding (my father inlaw gave me this wisdom)

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stop fretting. You can get it right the second or third time around.

I'm assuming she's Latina so you've made an excellent choice. If she's Gringa; you poor stupid bastard.

Posts: 13811 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I quit going to weddings, I always cry at sad occasions.

If you're nervous then you shouldn't do it IMO. That's your subconscious telling you "No, No, No......".

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Convince the lady to go with you on a honeymoon hunt. It would be a wonderful way for you to overcome your nervousness.

Congratulations and don't worry about the butterflies in your stomach. I experienced them myself even though I got married at a fairly senior age!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post

Thanks to everyone, I feel much better now
LG

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
My grandfather,a man of very few words,passed this wisdom

to my dad.On the way into church gramp told dad,"Not too

late".Then on the way out of church gramp said "Too late

now."

Good luck.

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote