THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    September 17, 2008 Ten Years ago today

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 17, 2008 Ten Years ago today
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted
Hurricane Ike just hammered Galveston. My home in South Louisiana was boarded up and water surrounding it from Ike's surge. Thankfully we sustained no damage at home and the airport in Houston was up and running.

Why is this meaningful? It was the day my wife and I boarded a plane to begin a journey to hunt in Tanzania, more specifically Selous LU5 with Adam Clements Safaris. We thought it was a once in a lifetime trip, fulfilling a dream I had for many years.

As expected we had a great time. What was not expected was the addiction we developed to Africa. In the past ten years I have been fortunate to hunt on nine safaris in five different countries with Katherine accompanying me (and hunting) several times. We have also enjoyed a couple of photo safaris.

Along the way we made friends, reconnected with old friends from the states now living in Africa, and have met several fine folks from Accurate Reloading, some of which I fished with in Brazil this year.

The last 10 years have been a great ride and I cannot wait for that next adventure in Africa.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I count the friendships I have formed through contacts made on AR, including yourself, to be the richest reward of the site.

tu2

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, that.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I count the friendships I have formed through contacts made on AR, including yourself, to be the richest reward of the site.

tu2

I'd love to meet you someday Jines. It won't take me 30 seconds to slap the taste out of your mouth. Have a good one!
JG

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ten years ago today I was hunting in Zambia with Alister Norton, everything was going well. We elected a fucking black half-witted moron president a couple of months later so all the dumbass whites here could cast a vote to claim they weren't racist and I'm still recovering financially. Call me a racist (I don't fucking care) but I wouldn't put blacks in charge of anything I expected to be managed responsibily. They're all friggin' morons which is why all their countries are shitholes along with anything else they are in charge of. Friggin' subhumans.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Unlike other years especially the ones in the later part in my life where I cannot recall any event that took place,2008 was the year I first saw Africa.It was late August and I hunted in Chirisa,Zimbabwe.It was quite an adventure.I've seen the movie "Out Of Africa" and there is a part where the actress is writing about her past and she says "I had a farm in Africa".I had this of that quote only a little different.I say "I once hunted in Africa"!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
You never wash off Africa’s dust.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Hurricane Ike just hammered Galveston. My home in South Louisiana was boarded up and water surrounding it from Ike's surge. Thankfully we sustained no damage at home and the airport in Houston was up and running.

Why is this meaningful? It was the day my wife and I boarded a plane to begin a journey to hunt in Tanzania, more specifically Selous LU5 with Adam Clements Safaris. We thought it was a once in a lifetime trip, fulfilling a dream I had for many years.

As expected we had a great time. What was not expected was the addiction we developed to Africa. In the past ten years I have been fortunate to hunt on nine safaris in five different countries with Katherine accompanying me (and hunting) several times. We have also enjoyed a couple of photo safaris.

Along the way we made friends, reconnected with old friends from the states now living in Africa, and have met several fine folks from Accurate Reloading, some of which I fished with in Brazil this year.

The last 10 years have been a great ride and I cannot wait for that next adventure in Africa.

We are heading that way in a few days time.

Same concession.

Great place, and Alan has made quite an improvement in the roads there too.

We can avoid that extremely long and winding road to the other end where the palm trees.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelNut:
Ten years ago today I was hunting in Zambia with Alister Norton, everything was going well. We elected a fucking black half-witted moron president a couple of months later so all the dumbass whites here could cast a vote to claim they weren't racist and I'm still recovering financially. Call me a racist (I don't fucking care) but I wouldn't put blacks in charge of anything I expected to be managed responsibily. They're all friggin' morons which is why all their countries are shitholes along with anything else they are in charge of. Friggin' subhumans.

And that’s funny

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Allow me to be the first to call you a hateful white supremacist POS... wave

Subhumans..??

You should be ashamed of yourself posting someting like this in 2018...my 2 cents..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
quote:

Allow me to be the first to call you a hateful white suprematist POS... wave

Subhumans..??

You should be ashamed of yourself posting someting like this in 2018...my 2 cents..

+1

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

This must qualify as the most stupid, ignorant post ever posted on the African Hunting Forum.

You posted this as a separate thread, and I have moved it to the Political Forum.

Now you come along and try to put your hateful, ignorant, self importance in other threads.

You can pretty much post whatever you wish on the Political Forum, but please keep other forums from your spite.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Saeed said!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
quote:

Allow me to be the first to call you a hateful white supremacist POS... wave

Subhumans..??

Before you name call how about you show me where anything I posted is factually incorrect. While we're at it how about you name one black ruled country you would move your family to that you would choose for them to live in you politically correct fugging moron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

tu2

+1

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

tu2

+1

+2

DRSS

Posts: 2283 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Squirrel Nut

You can put the sheet back on the bed now.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Mike,

Perhaps if you had chosen something that happened 11 years ago, then SquirrelNut would not have fallen out of his tree!

Agree with you on AR 100% - great friendships and an interesting crowd of people .....

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thanks for dealing with the Squirrel. I was going to have to spend an inordinate amount of time responding to his ignorant drivel. Now, I only have to hit ignore.

Mike, I was in the Selous while Ike was bearing down on Houston and the question was whether I was going to be able to get home. I did, about a day and a half before it hit. But my wife, who had never been through a hurricane before, hadn't prepared. There's only so much you can do in a day.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Saeed,

Thanks for dealing with the Squirrel. I was going to have to spend an inordinate amount of time responding to his ignorant drivel. Now, I only have to hit ignore.

+1

When I read the squirrels post yesterday I immediately put him on ignore. But thinking about it today I fully planned on giving him a piece of my mind. But thankfully others came to the rescue first.

I come to this sight for my interest in hunting and the expertise & experience of those who post here. Compared to other hunting sites its relatively grown up and free of idiots like this squirrel guy. Thank you Saeed for keeping it that way.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing else like Africa.
When our plane touched the ground in Namibia in 2019 without even thinking about it I said "Honey I'm Home".

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
....……………………………………………...All I can say is "AMAZING" what you can see on the internet! 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Not a day goes by that I don't think about my days in the Selous.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
Not a day goes by that I don't think about my days in the Selous.

I agree the memories never seem to lose their spice! due to age and health, along with finances it has been a long time since I have smelled the smoke of Africa. Like you my mind takes a trip across the water to Africa on a daily basis. My double rifles now are used to shoot Wild boar, deer moose and black bear instead of cape buffalo! I so enjoy the films of Saeeds safaris so much that I have watched every years film many times!

……………………………………………………………. Frowner old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Mike!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments, or at least most of them.

The Selous is a special place, almost overwhelming for your first trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Mike! Looking forward to drinking a cold one with you at DSC.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote