Find
Notify
Tools

Clement Victor - Freelance PH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone ever hear of Mr Victor?
His day rate is awfully low and includes vehicle, was wondering if this was perhaps a hoax.

FREELANCE PROFESSIONAL HUNTER

Good day!

My name is Clement Victor and I have been hunting professionally since 1993. I have had the privilege to work in Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique and Zimbabwe and gained lots of experience in dangerous game hunting and safari infrastructure. I am licensed for Limpopo Province. I will be available for freelance work this season; I have my own, fully equipped, 4x4 double cab hunting vehicle and all other hunting equipment. I am also licensed to hunt dangerous game. CV is available.

My daily rate is R300, vehicle included. I also require that you pay for my fuel from my home to the hunting area, during the safari and back home.

Please be so kind as to let me know if you have any freelance work available for the 2012 season. It will be much appreciated! Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Clement Victor

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
he is the real thing.... tu2

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
Ian,

I think a hoax, see - www.victorhunt.com

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushwack:
Ian,

I think a hoax, see - www.victorhunt.com

As far as the camp illustrated on the Ruaha River goes, its not a hoax - that camp does exist and it belongs/used to belong to Malagarasi (Licky) - I think both concession and camp may have changed hands.
His PH daily rate quoted in Rand is definitely not applicable to Tanzania ($300 maybe - but still a bit on the low side)- double cabin Hi-Lux won't last a season in the Selous - OK for game ranches in RSA.

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
i would say that he is aiming the advert to outfitters - the daily rate he asks refers to what he personally wants to earn , i agree though , very low -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Clement is the real thing have known him since 2000.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am real and everything I say is real and honest! This add was aimed at outfitters who employ freelance professional hunters and I sent it in e-mail format to different outfitters that I thought might be able to help me with some freelance work. I do freelance work every season to fill my gaps between my own hunts. Yes, the daily rate might sound low but I have decided, because of a low booking rate this year, I would rather make less money and still be able to pay my bills. If you have doubts on who I am and if I am legitemate, contact me at info@victorhunt.com.

Posts: 10 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victorhunt,

I don't doubt that you are real, but R300 a day only works out to about $36 and that includes your vehicle, but not the petrol. That is why members are suspicious. It seems too cheap to be legitimate. I would raise your rates if I were you.

Good Luck

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Freelance work is scarse at this stage! I have worked for outfitters before that only pay R400 per day. There are many young inexperienced PH's out there that will work for less just to gain experience and many outfitters use them on plains game safaris in SA because they are cheap. I have mailed outfitters earlier this year with my regular rate and the ones that did reply said that they have no freelance work available this year, also because of a lack of bookings. Just have to bite the bullet this year, next year will be better.

Victor Hunting Safaris Africa

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Clement, hope you manage to get some more days. I know, times are very tough - a few experienced PH's I know have had to look for other ways of making a living in recent times...

David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
times are very tough - a few experienced PH's I know have had to look for other ways of making a living in recent times...

My impression from the conventions was that bookings were up this year. Is that not the case? Certainly the outfitters I've been talking to have all been telling me they're mostly booked for the year.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Might be....I hunt and do my advertising in Europe mostly and more specifically France and surroundings. I have no idea what the American market is doing although I have heard from outfitter friends that advertise in the US that they also don't have good bookings this year. I am talking about South African outfitters specifically that mostly does plains game safaris. I have only recently joined forces with a partner in the US and will slowly move into that market. I do not hunt with a huge amount of clients per year anyway and do not plan to do so in the future. I have a sick child at home so I like to spend as much time with him as possible. My safaris are more exclusive with attention to detail and ethics.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
quote:
times are very tough - a few experienced PH's I know have had to look for other ways of making a living in recent times...

My impression from the conventions was that bookings were up this year. Is that not the case? Certainly the outfitters I've been talking to have all been telling me they're mostly booked for the year.

I'm sure bookings are up - actually have no idea about that having been out of the game for a few years. But one thing I do know is that every guy with a truck and a rifle is now a PH. We used to always say it was okay because the good PH's would find work, but that was when most of the operators were 'good' too. This is all from a Zim perspective though, so not really relevant to this thread, I guess. One thing I know for certain is that if I was a prospective hunting client today, I would do some serious homework before I booked.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
But I wouldn't be surprised if bookings were up in Zim, since the authorities and this new breed of 'operator' don't hesitate to hike quotas through the roof whenever they feel the need. Bigger quotas, cheaper hunts, more bookings, trashed areas...Like I said - homework.

posted Hide Post
That is very true David. My opinion from South Africa is the same. Lots of young guys enter the business, and as I said before, will work for next to nothing to gain experience. There are those few one's out there that are good at hunting skills but working with clients and running a safari camp takes experience and only time allows that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Victor is offering his services to outfitters or Ph's that need a bit of freelance help. If he can get the work and cover his expences, work hard and pick up a good tip from the client, well that is certainly more profitable than staying at home. I applaud him for his work ethic.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dear Glenn

Yes, I agree. I know some of my associates in Zim have good bookings for this season. I also found that the more expensive hunts still sell. It has nothing to do with the money but these guys have good areas with good trophies and fantastic camps and the people that can still afford this, would pay for good service. It just shows me that the middle class hunters hold onto their money and don't spend it on luxuries at this stage meaning that there is now a gap in the market where your less expensive plains game safaris don't sell that well.

I do not know Kevin Thomas personally but I know of him, he is a well respected outfitter in the industry and runs a good outfit. You will be in good hands!

Thank you for the kind words and sincere wishess to my son, Glenn!

God Bless
Clem

quote:
Originally posted by GOB:
Hello,

Having worked with friends from Zambia, I can assure you that quality hunts sd well, the cheap and cheerful to the middle of the roader did not sell.

We are at this moment on the way to Zim to do some big things for 6 weeks and it is not a discount hunt in a trashed area.

The folks I know in SA are mostly on hard times.

Do you know Kevin Thomas? We shall be with Kevin for the trip.

Look after yourself and God Bless your Son.

Respectfully,

Glenn

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words eyedoc!Appreciate it!

quote:
Originally posted by eyedoc:
Victor is offering his services to outfitters or Ph's that need a bit of freelance help. If he can get the work and cover his expences, work hard and pick up a good tip from the client, well that is certainly more profitable than staying at home. I applaud him for his work ethic.