THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe Parks seeks to ban trophy hunting pictures

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe Parks seeks to ban trophy hunting pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.zimbabwesituation....hy-hunting-pictures/

Zimbabwe Parks seeks to ban trophy hunting pictures
July 8, 2018 3:35 PM

Source: Zimbabwe Parks seeks to ban trophy hunting pictures – Sunday News July 8, 2018

Peter Matika, Senior Reporter

FOLLOWING an outcry by local animal rights activists about the killing of a lion at Hwange National Park last week, the Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife Management is working towards introducing a Statutory Instrument to bar the posting of vanity pictures of animal trophy hunts in the country.

Last week an Alaskan hunting company —GrizzlyStik posted pictures of a hunt, where a lion was killed. The hunt was organised by a South Africa-based safari company — Chattaronga Safaris. GrizzlyStik is an Alaskan Bow Hunting supply brand. It was founded in 1994 and has grown into one of the world’s largest traditional archery companies in USA.

The pictures court the ire of a local animal rights and awareness group, Lions of Hwange National Park, where it requested for an insight into how the hunt was sanctioned.

ZimParks spokesman Mr Tinashe Farawo told Sunday News that the authority was working towards introducing an instrument, with those caught contravening it paying hefty fines or facing jail time.

“It is unfortunate that there are some people that take such issues to social media, without taking precise routes to settle or confirm issues. We are, however, investigating the matter of a hunt, which I would like to clarify as a sanctioned one. We are, however, working towards coming up with a Statutory Instrument that will prevent people from posting trophy hunts within the country on social media. Further details into that will be provided in due course. Countries such as Namibia have done so and we as a nation are working towards that,” said Mr Farawo.

Responding to questions from Sunday News, Lions of Hwange National Park accused some land owners of accepting bribes and allowing unsanctioned hunts within the country.

“The bottom line is, are we as Zimbabweans happy for our natural resource and heritage to be plundered. The reason why the Gwayi Intensive Conservancy Area hunts to South African hunters (to sell to their International clients) is because quota settings are dysfunctional in this region and is not sustainable. Zimbabwean hunters and operators know it’s not sustainable and refuse to hunt there.

“The game is hugely depleted but some land owners take loads of bribes from these rich South African clients and hence our image and resource is being abused. We are not the authority, we are just an awareness page,” said the group, appealing to ZimParks to take measures to prevent the hunting of wildlife.

“This lion was barely three years old and nowhere near an adult. There should be huge penalties instilled by ZimParks for killing an animal this age,” said Lions of Hwange National Park.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/Hwang...6554/?type=3&theater

That is one small lion.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It is LIBERAL BULLYING.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some palms are being greased!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
It is LIBERAL BULLYING.

Well stated; however, I'll take it a step further and call it EXTREME LEFTIST BULLYING. the hard core, extreme leftists have gone seriously off the rails. Don't know if you saw the attacks on Alan Dershowitz, one of the most prominent liberals in America, this past week. The extreme leftists launched some pretty vicious attacks and threats toward him, and he's proud to be a liberal. He commented that these people are not liberals, they are hard core extreme leftists who want anarchy and turmoil. I think he's spot on.

These hard core leftists are attacking everyone they don't agree with, and hunter's are just one of those groups.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
somebody out there is sure swinging a big stupid stock

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its called the "Domino effect" - let's see who's next. Big Grin

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And the dominoes continue to fall.... coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is not going to work!

Just like some restaurants banned clients from taking photos of their food and posting them on social media!

So this is saying it is OK for us to take your money, but you should not be proud of your hunt and share it with like minded friends??

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How are outfitters to advertise? Will this apply to trophy pictures at sport shows? DSC, sci,......

What about their websites?

A bunch of operators advertise on Facebook???

Posts: 42342 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It is not going to work!

Just like some restaurants banned clients from taking photos of their food and posting them on social media!

So this is saying it is OK for us to take your money, but you should not be proud of your hunt and share it with like minded friends??

C'mon Saeed, surely there is a whale of a difference between a plate of Chicken Makhanwalla and a dead Cecil or Dumbo!

By Public Platform I would think the message is quite clear.

A hunting website for example is reserved (up to a point) for bloodthirsty killers like you and me and the bleeding hearts should know that visiting such a site is to find what can be expected.

Something similar to TV shows that forewarn the viewer of graphic content or foul language.

FB, Instagram and YouTube are probably the sites being referred to as being inappropriate.

Posts: 2036 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is just beginning. Social media is a growing problem and has created huge headaches for Ministers, Park Managers and many working to keep hunting rights in Africa.

Social media storms aren't helping anyone and raising awareness that social media isn't our friend isn't a bad thing in my opinion. But it is interesting that we're seeing about the same overreaction to the proposed social media ban as we do with the overreaction to hunting pictures. Maybe both sides need a little time out for reflection.

One thing we have proven with potentially explosive issues like problem animal hunts, when there are no pictures and no publicity, there is no public outrage and overreaction. Hummmmmm

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Argumen...-ebook/dp/B079RXHTYR

I enjoyed this book about Facebook immensely, social media gives the mindless voices and muddles what little intellect they have got.

Posts: 403 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a photo of mine "stolen" from web hosting site Hunt101 and posted on an anti hunting Facebook page. Facebook wouldn't take it down and although there was a copyright infringement the page owners refused to remove it. I'd have needed to take legal action.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
https://www.facebook.com/Hwang...6554/?type=3&theater

That is one small lion.

Kathi certainly has a point here....the lion is 2, maybe 3 if he's lucky?!

Truth is a well-known lion hunter / PH from Zim sent this to me days ago, and of course wanted my input / reaction? Fact is, I am past outing / finger pointing, but this sort of thing will ONLY bring a hail of gun fire from those that oppose us most!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
It is LIBERAL BULLYING.

Well stated; however, I'll take it a step further and call it EXTREME LEFTIST BULLYING. the hard core, extreme leftists have gone seriously off the rails. Don't know if you saw the attacks on Alan Dershowitz, one of the most prominent liberals in America, this past week. The extreme leftists launched some pretty vicious attacks and threats toward him, and he's proud to be a liberal. He commented that these people are not liberals, they are hard core extreme leftists who want anarchy and turmoil. I think he's spot on.

These hard core leftists are attacking everyone they don't agree with, and hunter's are just one of those groups.

Have you seen the woman who had a child who survived cancer thanks to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital? She publicly thanked Eric Trump for his donations to the hospital. She came under attack. Unbelievable.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
It is LIBERAL BULLYING.

Have you seen the woman who had a child who survived cancer thanks to St Jude’s Children’s Hospital? She publicly thanked Eric Trump for his donations to the hospital. She came under attack. Unbelievable.

Is there anything believable on social media?

So called social media has become a platform for the idiots, brainless, nobodies, no lives, who no o e cares about in real life, to dictate to us how WE should live our lives.

I have seen some people whose whole life is ruled by social media.

Can you believe it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True Saeed, but the liberal psychopaths cannot complain about and launch social media storms when they have no ammunition. No social media pictures and/or no hunting reports, no reaction.

It's interesting that the psychopaths don't get crazy over hunting sites and their pictures. Sure they fire off the usual hatemail and death threats at the operators, however, they do not target and launch social media storms over that. It seems they only want to go after folks who broadcast their hunting pictures and stories via social media. There is a lesson there...

Interesting times.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked with National Parks yesterday, and no one could tell me anything about it.

I think Saeed is correct, palms are being greased, but they are the palms of local "journalists". That "news story" was just an ARA press release.

IFAW is trying to inveigle itself in here now, and that is the sort or reporting they would buy.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote