THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    BASA Info Evening & Social in near Johannesburg

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BASA Info Evening & Social in near Johannesburg
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Stephen Palos
posted
Any of our friends from AR who happen to be in the Joburg area on 24 October are welcome to contact me if they'd like to join us for this event:

Dear Member

On Friday 24 October BASA will hold its second info evening and dinner. Time 18h30 for 19h00.

We have arranged an exceptionally interesting guest speaker in Richard Sowry, currently Section Ranger at Kingfisherspruit in the Kruger National Park. More about him and his topic hereunder.....

The venue is the new Gilroy Brew House (YES! A Real Brewery...) situated within the Ngwenya Glass Village on Beyers Naude Drive near the R28/N14 close to Muldersdrift. See map below:

Dinner will be in the form of platters of delectable goodies from the Gilroy Kitchen. Gilroy Brew House will run a cash bar.

Cost for the talk & dinner is R100 per person and RSVP is essential by Friday 17 October. Bookings later than this, if there is space will be at a R50 premium per head! You can book through the admin office or by e-mail/sms with Stephen Palos at stephen@thegrillmaster.co.za or 082 905 7400.

You are welcome to bring friends & family!

Interesting links relating to the event are:

Shades of Ngwenya (The Venue)

Gilroy Naturally Brewed Beers (The Hosts)

More about Richard Sowry:

Richard has a BSc, covering Zoology, Grassland Science & Botany with Honors in Wildlife Management.

He started field guiding in 1991 and his vocational work during his studies included Natal Parks Board where he worked on Black Rhino identification and in the Gonarezhou on elephant capture. He also worked on game counts etc. He also has guided walking trails in Timbavati.

He started he full time career in conservation at Londolozi, in the Sabi Sands and then became a Wilderness Trails Ranger in The Kruger National Park.

He held an assistant warden post in the Klaserie for a year before being appointed as Section Ranger at Kingfisherspruit in The Kruger in 2002.

He is qualified as a dangerous game field guide, holds a Professional Hunters License, and is a registered assessor & trainer with THETA and an Environmental Management Inspector with DEAT.

He is also Vice Chairman of the Game Rangers Assoc. of Africa, a member of National Shooting Assoc, SA Wing Shooters and, of course, Big Bore Assoc. of Southern Africa (BASA)

Richard is a passionate big game hunter and apart from experience on problem animal control he is a keen hunter especially for the largest of dangerous game. He has done extensive testing on game of various bullets and has an intense interest and first hand knowledge in bullet performance and the effects of shot placement on game such as elephant, buffalo and even rhino.

He has extremely valuable first hand knowledge of the hunters place in protecting the environment and biodiversity, and it is every hunter’s duty to gain that information from a man like Richard when such an opportunity arises.

Richard's talk will be done in a casual and interactive manner, and we are privileged to be able to offer such a chance of fellowship to our members and our friends within the brotherhood of hunters. Don't miss it!

Book now as space IS limited. Strictly First-come-first-served.

http://www.bigbore.org/
http://www.chasa.co.za

Addicted to Recoil !
I hunt because I am human. Hunting is the expression of my humanity...

Posts: 441 | Location: Randfontein, South Africa | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
I am heading back to Dubai tomorrow night or I would have been there. Mad

Sounds like a very interesting evening.

Please take lots of pictures and post it here on AR

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote