New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mike Streetman Passed Away
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
(Moderator: I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this-please move it if you think appropriate)
Mike Streetman of San Antonio,Tx passed away this morning. The details I have received from a mutual friend are not totally clear but from what I have been told he was hunting in Mexico last week and had a heart attack. He returned to San Antonio for surgery and had a bypass operation. The Drs. were not able to remove him from some type of machine that assisted his heart and I was told today that his whole body shut down. I personally only knew Mike for about three years. In that time I was fortunate to know the consummate gentleman, honest to a fault businessman, and all around just great guy. He loved hunting but especially hunting Africa. He hunted many times with Jonny Hulme and finally got his leopard this year after many attempts and passing on many cats previously. The first time I met him was at DSC and I remember asking him what he liked to hunt in Africa and his response was "I just like to go!" He touched many lives and was loved and respected by everyone that I know that knew him. The hunting community has lost a great man. Condolences to his wife and family and R.I P., brother

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
R.I.P.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. Condolences to his family.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9977 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A very sad day indeed. My sincere condolences to Mrs Streetman and his family.Mr Streetman was a true gentleman. This is a big loss the the hunting industry. RIP sir.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Mike. I am in total shock. He was a great guy.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This news blew me away.
Really liked & respected Mike.
We have visited Mike & Melissa in their home.
Truly nice people.
Strange, yesterday morning I was thinking about Mike.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike and I knew each other by phone calls only. Mike and I both belong to the same shitty club where we both lost our sons way too early in life. We would call each other on the phone and every conversation would end the same, with both of us crying our hearts out before we would hang up. He and Jonny would stop hunting at times because the grief would be too much for Mike. He loved his son dearly and missed him even more. Jonny and Mike would embrace for long periods of time trying to get past the grief. I know Jonny will be heart-broken. My sincere condolences go out to his loved ones. A great and loving man has been taken from us.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the sad news ! I always looked forward to seeing mike and his beautiful wife every year at the shows - so sad and lots of thoughts for mine family and friends

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is terrible news, God Bless You Mike. My sincere thoughts and prayers, to Mrs. Streetman, and family,

Sincerely,

Butch & Linda Ray

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I didn't know him well but he was always friendly and seemed a great guy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Wow! Mike was a very good friend...I have been traveling for the holidays, and had not heard. I talked to Mike for about 30 min at the post office, while dropping of my companies Christmas cards...I sm blown away!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Mike was one of the most genuine guys I've ever met. Caring, honest, humble and modest. He would always ask you how you were doing before you had the chance to ask him. I have had the good fortune of sharing a few hunting camps with him and they have always been fun and memorable. I trust he is soaring high with his son who passed far too soon in life. My thoughts and prayers go out to Melissa and to all who were lucky enough to call him a friend. R.I.P Mike

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know him. Condolences to his family and friends.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend for 46 years who was an ardent hunter, sound businessman, and a gentleman by anyone's measure. Adios, amigo!

Posts: 155 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind, generous & soft spoken.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
Nice Guy

Prayers for the family

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For anyone that is interested Mike's funeral will be on Dec 31 at 2 p.m. at Fellowship Church of San Antonio, 23755 Canyon Golf Road, San Antonio, TX 78258. Those of us that knew him and cannot be there physically will hopefully take a minute and remember him and his family.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked with one of Mikes friends today.
The family is asking instead of flowers that donations be made to the Wounded Warrior Project in honor of Mike.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard