Notify
Tools

Trophy hunting vs WWF
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rune Hallgeir
posted
Is WWF against trophy hunting?
Watch the interview Jens Ulrich Hoegh did with Danish TV about trophy hunting - with subtitles in English.
Did you think that WWF had a balanced and pragmatic view on hunting tourism? Think again! Here is a few quotes from the Danish WWF representative in this live interview on national Danish TV.
"Trophy hunting is really all about shooting impressive animals and then pose with them in hunting magazines"
"I find it tasteless and it has nothing to do with nature conservation"
and
"There is intentions that trophy hunting should be regulated but that is not the case"
Am I the only one who finds this odd and out of sync with WWFs official position on trophy hunting?

https://www.facebook.com/10000...os/1780899578592886/

SCI Official measurer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WWF Namibia is a vital supporter and integral participant in trophy hunting in Namibia. Chris Weaver is the head there and is doing an exemplary job protecting and promoting trophy hunting.

The rest of WWF is either neutral or rabid anti-hunting and they treat Chris as a poriaha even though he has done more in the area of sustainable wildlife management than the rest combined.

If you want to know more about what WWF is doing in Namibia - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXqw1OZQoc

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trophies are made out of meat too

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
The word really needs to be gotten out. Universally, if trophy hunting is mentioned anywhere outside of the hunting culture it is automatically assumed that it involves the killing of a majestic animal and allowing the meat to rot.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote