THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Free hunt exchange for new clients ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free hunt exchange for new clients ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted
I have often heard of such offers being made and then I always wonder how much trust you must have in a friend or the next guy that convince you to go hunt where he did.
Even worse, the trust that the outfitter and the next guy must have in eachother, to make such a deal.
I can imagine that you get people that are not interested in making money out of it, but who would rather go on a free hunt every year, but do they realy have so many friends that will follow ??

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
The first thing that pops into my mind is that if a outfitter needs to make such "promotions", he don`t have that much of a reputation. He might be an upcomming PH-star, but probably not.. Smiler The best ones are (always) fullbooked...
And I would never listen to a "friend" who gets a free hunt if I go.. One should actually be a bit careful with repeat clients. Hunters who have hunted africa many times but always the same place.. They have might made some bonds with the PH/outfitter and does not have much of a comparison... Not the best reference in my mind. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Helgaard, I think it depends on the specific hunter's situation. I'm a working class stiff and had to save for more than two years to put together the hunt that Vaughan (and you) provided for us. By providing some incentive, like waiving or reducing the day rate for me if I return with a full paying client, it encourages me to "convince" my buddies back home to pony up some cash of their own and go with me. Maybe you could offer to hunt me and a partner 2X1 for the 1X1 rate, effectively giving us a half price deal. You'd still charge full trophy fees of course, but by reducing the day rate, you could lure the theoretical me and my buddy back to your farm at a slightly reduced rate. That wouldn't add terribly to your expenses, but could just offer that extra nudge it takes for me to convince by buddy to come with me.

Just idle thoughts.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post
Nobody will mind being " fullbooked " from day one, but believe me there are a lot more giving than taking in this game to come that far.
Interesting to know is that the well known "Cabela's" came to be, by making flies in their garage and if you ordered one they would send you one for free when your payment included postage.
DesertRam, I will take you up on that idea. From next year I will be leasing that lovely place and would not mind having fine people like yourself around.

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's good news! I have high hopes of returning to your wonderful country with the wife and kids in a few years. Felseneck is the type of place I'd like them to see and be a part of.

Troy

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote