Find
Notify
Tools

Nyala Safaris - Malawi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

Does anyone have contact info for Nyala Safaris in Malawi? They re-opened limited hunting there on private land adjacent a park (I can't remember if it was Liwonde or Lengwe). They had a website but it no longer exists.

I am in Malawi for the next few months and was hoping to visit them and see what the operation looks like.

Are they still functioning?

Thanks

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kayaker,

The Hunting Report ran an article on those nyala hunts in Malawi. Contact them and do a search. Seems I remember they offered all the details.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If this is the same Nyala Safaris operating from Bulwayo by Headman Sibanda, I believe I have the phone number and certainly the e-mail.
I am unfamiliar with a Malawi extention of their business but it may be.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This may be a bit of topic , but I managed Mvuu Lodge , in Liwonde National Park in 1997 and I can tell you that ,that area was very heavily poached then . I only hope that it is under control now.

Posts: 94 | Location: Chilcotin B.C. | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,
I'll contact hunt report.

Tetachuck,
I haven't been there but have been told that the govt. and donors have given the parks attention in the last few years and the poaching has slowed I spoke with some Americans who were just in Liwonde and said they saw quite a bit of wildlife. Apparently Nkotakota is on the up as well. However as you know Malawi is densely populated and outside of protected areas you dont see a track, let alone a large wild mammal!

Thanks

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote