THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    1 safari what did you find you were not prepared for ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 safari what did you find you were not prepared for ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
since I had lived in africa for 3 to 4 months a year I thought I was prepared. just to find out after talking to Steve Robinson how much work I really needed to do. first time nerves got me bad on my first water buck the second day of the hunt. Steve was a total professional he wiped my wet nose told me to forget it soothed my nerves held my hand and got me on a really nice heertabeast my nerves where cured. we had a great time loved every min of it. 1240 pictures to prove it

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I packed way to much clothing even though I was prepared for and aware of the daily laundry service. Like Noahs ark, two shirts, two shorts, ect... With each safari thereafter my luggage has been reduced. What used to be a Red OX super large bag is now a medium. If you are hunting buff, you will be hunted by Tetses so be sure to take some avon skin so soft or the equivelant.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pokerguy:
What did you not count on that you wished you had prepared for ?

I didn't count on the outfitter lying about what species were available to hunt in his prepaid package. But how can one prepare for a liar?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:

I didn't count on the outfitter lying about what species were available to hunt in his prepaid package. But how can one prepare for a liar?

Shotgun?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VFR1:
You can't carry enough water for a 6-8hr walk in the heat. Use a CamelBak for your day pack and, #2, get some 10 million SPF sun block.

The trackers can. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tipping.... never gave it a thought as it was my first trip.

(But then way back in 1989...how as I to know).

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All good advice. The mistake I made on my first trip was to take too much stuff and not enough money. I left many items with my PH and his crew. The second thing I learned was that one should ALWAYS have a pocket camera and small LED flashlight with them at all times. My first trip I took the big and powerful lights and learned that a small LED was the most useful. Second, It doesn't matter what time you leave camp, it seems something happens and we came back after dark and I was happy to have a light--that was borrowed by everyone.

Regards, PG

Posts: 153 | Location: Riverside, CA Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote