Notify
Tools

Train runs over elephants
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Train runs over elephants
Brian Chitemba
HUNDREDS of passengers travelling in a National Railways of Zimbabwe train from Victoria Falls to Bulawayo are lucky to be alive after the train ran over four elephants.
The incident occurred on Tuesday night.
The NRZ public relations officer, Mr Fanuel Masikati said the accident occurred between Jafuta and Masuwe near Victoria Falls. The elephants died on the spot.
“Four elephants died on Tuesday night after being run over by a passenger train. The engine of the train was not damaged,†he said.
Mr Masikati said no one was injured and the train was not derailed.
The Matabeleland North police spokesman Sergeant Augustine Zimbili confirmed the incident and said the accident occurred at around 9pm.
He said officials from the National Parks and Wildlife Management Authority attended to the scene of the accident.
“The train on its way to Bulawayo from Victoria Falls was involved in an accident and four elephants were killed on the spot. Hundreds of passengers were also lucky to be alive and noone on board was injured,†said Sgt Zimbili.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, a loose spike can derail a train ,but yet 3 elephants didn't?

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
How does a train run over an elephant?

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Methinks the train ran into 4 elephants.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those guys will use anything to poach with won't they.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

If I was gonna shoot elephants I'd use a .470, alot more versitle than a cumbersome locomotive - they're REALLY diffilcult to use in close cover.

roflmao

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what a gun bearer is, but I thought a train bearer was a girl in a wedding until now

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote