THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Save Conservancy - Senuko Camp - Runde River Crocs

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Save Conservancy - Senuko Camp - Runde River Crocs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering a leopard hunt in Save Conservancy out of Senuko Safari camp in June 2017. Also, concurrently, a large croc hunt on and around the Runde River in the same area. I've hunted Zim several times but not in the southeast and I'm not personally familiar with Save or the area, other than the horror stories of the government official takeovers and poaching orgies that apparently followed. Any insights, observations and/or recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posts: 43 | Location: On the road somewhere | Registered: 17 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the Save numerous times. While I have not hunted Senuko, I have hunted the properties bordering Senuko (ARDA & Hammond). Lots of game when I was there.

I have DVDs that were made when we were there. PM me your address and I will send you a set.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Senuko in 2010. My buddy shot a Leopard the first hour of the first night they sat for one. Tons of Buffalo, Leopard, Lion, Impala. Lots of other species but those were in particular abundance. The camp was exceptional. It was a great area with great hunting. Glen Stockil was my PH and he grew up on the place as his family owned it since the 80s I believe. I don't know what happened over the last few years there, but I would not hesitate to go there to hunt Leopard if it's like it was in 2010.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add...even if the place has been poached badly, Leopard are usually among the last animals to be extirpated from an area. The issue will be availability of baits (if the place has been poached...I don't know that it has).

Get written agreement on what animals will be available on quota for bait. I hunted Dande South in 2013. There was a guy in camp hunting Leopard, Buffalo, and Sable. He planned to use the Sable and Buff for baits, and didn't want to spend money on any other "expensive" bait animals. Problem was there weren't any "cheap" animals left on quota, he didn't get his Buffalo until late in the hunt, and he never got a Sable. He finally shot a couple Baboons but never got a proper bait out until day 12 of a 14 day hunt. He got lucky and got his Leopard on the last night, but you don't want to be in that boat.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent 3 of the dvd's. Apparently out of copies of the 4th.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Arda last year, Don't think any area in Save is badly poached. Booked into Sango next year. I think that area is a great place to hunt leopard.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote