Notify
Tools

Re: Unable to load to Hunt 101
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
from photobucket

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have just seen a notice that hunt 101 is up for sale. Is this true? Any other suggestions on posting?
Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Frank

I use www.imageshack.us

Look it works

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I have good luck with Imagestation.

Others have been using Photobucket

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Imagestation does not allow off-site linking and it will eventually catch up with you.

Photobucket is now accetpting new free accounts again.

I'll check out Imageshack.us as well for my folks.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I was just starting to learn how to use it too.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I use Pbase . For $23 a year you get 200 megs of storage and they allow direct image linking. They do have free trial accounts, but those do not allow direct linking. They frown on uploading other people's copyrighted pictures. You are supposed to store only your own work.

It seems to work for me:

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Bob,

What do you mean by "off-site linking"?

I have no problems importing pictures from Imagestation,

Here is a link to an album on Imagestation ZIM Elephant

Does this not work? It works for me, but does it work for others who are not members of Imagestation?

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
The link worked fine for me. Great pictures.

That's funny because Rory Muil has a rifle that looks just like the CRF Winchester on the right.

Do you ever wear your elephant hair braclets or are those just for the ladies? My wife loves hers' and one tracker (Tino) made a necklace for her too.

Kyler

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Kyler,

Yes I wear mine all the time. We are going to take some extra tail hair to the Dallas Safari Show and see if one of the jewelers can use the hair to make bracelets with gold knots. Tommy Morrison (Sporting International) has one and it looks pretty cool.

Regards,

Terry

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I had successfully used imagestation for a couple years.....I just got this message.....and all my photos are no longer available.

Your ImageStation account has been deactivated. This is most typically because there is unacceptable content in your account or you have created links on other websites that directly connect to files stored in your account. Because of your failure to maintain your account according to the membership agreement we have deactivated your account

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I use picturetrail.com

I pay for the service and their site is user friendly!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I better check on that, I would hate to loose all those pics.

Thanks vapodog.

Regards,

Terry

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I read everything (including the "Users Agreement") I can find on the Imagestation website and nowhere can I find that they say they don't allow direct linking. Bob and vapodog, I'm not doubting your word. One would think that Imagestation would make this fact abundantly clear on their website. Imagestation has now started charging a fee for membership.

I'm going to have to pick a new image hosting site and move all of my pics (of course the image links in all my previous AR posts won't then work).

I did a little research on the topic of Free Image Hosting and I came up with a few names from various places:

Imageshak and Photobucket came up on a couple of lists. Photobucket has a free account section and a paid account that is $25/year. Here is a link to another list The Free Site and to another one Free Webshots [I haven't looked at any of these sites, so read their User Agreements carefully to see what limitations there are and whether you can direct link.]

Regards,

Terry

posted Hide Post

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I read everything (including the "Users Agreement") I can find on the Imagestation website and nowhere can I find that they say they don't allow direct linking.

I found this in the User Agreement:

You may use the Service only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not take the results from your use of the Service and link to them, or mirror pages from the Site on another website, or create links from other websites onto any area of the Site.

I don't know if that is what was referred to above.

The service I use makes specific mention of allowing direct linking only when you are a paid member.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Charles,

Man could Imagestation be any more obtuse? Why not just say "no direct linking"?

Regards,

Terry

P.S.

"Direct Linking" is a term referring to when a web page of one website owner is linking directly to the images or other multimedia files on the web host of another website owner (not just linking to a web page on their server which loads the image). If this is done without permission, it is stealing bandwidth and is also known as "hotlinking", "hot linking", "leeching", and "bandwidth theft".

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Terry - They are just trying to cover anything that has not yet been discovered that they may disapprove of in the future. It is so much easier to be vague and then terminate your account.

You can perhaps copy your pictures over somewhere else and leave them on Imagestation as well, so perhaps your old links would continue to work. Of course, I would never counsel you to abrogate your user's agreement (which may be amended from time to time in Imagestation's sole and unfettered discretion).