New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bipod recommendation for AR15
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to add a bipod to my AR15. It will be attached to the picatinny handguard. Primary use will be prone, (prairie dogs,etc) but it might be useful if it would work for sitting positions as well.

Any suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated. Also, are there any makes that I should stay away from? I want to do it right the first time and would rather pay more for a quality product than get by on the cheap.

Thanks in advance,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
academy usually has the caldwell bipods decently priced... im using the 9-13" telecoping models, had to add a harris sling stud to 1 of the holes in the bottom of my handrails... ive got 1 of the 6-9" models, but dont like it, it keeps me from using more than a 5 round mag...the bipods ive bought swivel back and forth just a little to make up for uneven ground...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2830 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
LaRue Tactical carries a Harris (two sizes) modified to take one of their QD mounts.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Harris bi-pods and am very happy with them.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the comments.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Have you had a look at the atlas bipod ?

Load completely different to a Harris

But in many shooter's opinion superior to a Harris

Perfect for an ar chassis

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote