New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optics/Light
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just acquired a Stag .223 (Mod. A2) and wish to add a Light and Optics (Scope, Halo, or Red Dot). I am an AR novice and would like any suggestions on what to select. I want it primarily for home defense and varmit hunting. I'am sure this is a pretty general question but any recommendations from some of the experts here would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Emerson

Posts: 106 | Location: Rockwall, Texas | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod

For lights look to Shurefire.
They can be expensive, but a cheap way is to use a 1 scope ring and the Nitrolon light.

Also the Streamlight TLR-2, which is a light and a laser has worked well for me.

For a sight useable indoors and outdoors I would recommend the Doctor Optic, Aimpoint, EO-Tech, or the Leupold CQT.

I would use factory loads with Ballistic Tips.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recommend EOTECK RED DOTS

THEY CAN TAKE QUITE A BEATING FOR SURE

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know its tough to spend almost as much on optics as the gun cost but i like aimpoints and trigicons.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to those that responded. There are so many choices and options but I'am learning in the process.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Emerson

Posts: 106 | Location: Rockwall, Texas | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CARLOSTHEJACKAL
posted Hide Post
On two of my AR's I have EOTECHs 553 and surefire attached lights. They are kink of pricey but well worth the money.

NRA Life Member
DSC Life Member

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 486 | Location: SE TEXAS | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote