One of Us
posted
AR-5.7 Pros-Cons?

AR-5.7 Photo

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I've not seen or handled that rifle, but I did get a chance to shoot the FN PDW.

Cons - The cartridge is on par with a .22 Hornet, it was fairly accurate but didn't seem to hit very hard on the steel plates we were shooting. Recoil is very light.

Pros - It's a hoot to watch that magazine work! The rounds just slide down and make a 90 degree turn like clockwork. In full auto you'll spend as much time watching the magazine as the sights. Smiler
We had two of the FNs and they both seemed to be very reliable. I'd credit that to the design and quality of the magazine itself.

If you have a good source of ammo it might make a good addition.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm very unimpressed by the 5.7 i guess it'd be better if we could get the military version that is much hotter, but what we have is essentially a 22 mag

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i saw one of the 5.7 ar rifles the other day. looked good. i have a ps90 and have gotten two groundhogs with it. lots of fun.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool project.

I love the 5.7 pistol. It would be WAY COOL
if it came select fire.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got 3 AR platforms all in 5.56x45 (boring).

I was toying with the idea of getting an AR-5.7 upper for one of them.

I'm trying to do a "cost/fun-factor analysis".

PS - I would really like one of the FN pistols..... if they were just a bit more accurate. Frowner

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote