GOLANI ( GALIL ) RIFLE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What can you tell me about the Golani in .223
1. Reliability
2. Accuracy out to 250 yrds
3. Adding a scope

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lost Oki: do a search on this rifle over on AR15.com, click on AK 47 section, and scroll down to the Galil section. The Golani now being put together on an Ohio Rapid Fire receiver have been spotty at best for heat treat and dependablity. What I read steered me away from this particular rifle. HTH.. Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I had one for awhile. The one I owned was very reliable. Mine was only good for about 4"-5" @100yds. Not great but acceptable for a fighting gun. Most of the original scope mounts will not fit the ORF receivers so consider it an open sight rifle. My biggest complaint about the rifle was it was heavy. Most of the soldiers that carried it felt the same way. In almost every aspect you can consider it a Jewish AK-47. It has the same good and bad points with exception of the weight.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, sounds like it would compare to the Ranch rifle in accuracy and about the same price.
What about the Saiga...price is low, and looks like the AK ??

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote