New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with the H&K 91
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While I have killed several deer, turkey and 3 antelope with my H&K 91 I have never shot any pigs with it.
So the first of this month I took it to the lease to see if I could shoot a pig.

I was using a reload with the 150 Nosler Solid Base bullet over 42gr of IMR 3031. I bought a bunch of these bullets on sale years ago, and use them only in the 91.

Well I got lucky and actually killed 2 wild pigs and a turkey to boot.

The H&K 91 has always been a lucky gun for me.

Then I switched to my Heym Mod 26B O/U in 30/30 and killed a doe, and 2 more pigs.

I nearly wore myself out gutting, skinning, butchering and vacume packing meat...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

I nearly wore myself out gutting, skinning, butchering and vacume packing meat...

Nice going, Tony.

BTW, you should get a FoodSaver; it's easier than trying to suck the air out of the bags with your mouth and a straw. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good one George.

I have been using a foodsaver for many years. It keeps meat in the freezer in good condition for at least 2 years.

They are well worth the money.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love them.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Tony, if you are hunting South Texas nowadays, you damn near need an assault rifle!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote