New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russiann SKS value?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've had a Russian SKS sitting around for awhile. I paid $500 for it but just don't use the silly thing. Anybody know what they are selling for these days?

"Fear of the Lord is wisdom" Job 28:28

Posts: 345 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
399-450

one of us
posted Hide Post
In Canada, you can buy all you want, arsenal re-conditioned for under 300.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's funny is back in 89, I bought 5 russ sks's for $450. 90 bucks each if you bought 5. When I moved to Alaska in early 90's I had 2 gun vaults & 10K ammo to get through Canada and gave the sks's away to friends. I had a few AR's & mini 14's, didn't think much of the sks's actually.

We live along the Upper Yukon and everybody out this way uses sks's to shoot caribou when the migration comes through, ha. Kinda wish I had hid them in the trailer somewhere now.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Every man has something he likes, but I've been nothing but happy with the Russian SKS I've had now for a few years.

Posts: 6 | Location: Westminster, Colorado | Registered: 19 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought on years ago at a gunshow when they were giving them away.The ammo was cheap and its a fun gun to shoot.I payed just over 100.00 for it.
Have no regrets still take it out from time to time and blast away.And contrearty to what alot of people have wrote and said I find it to be a accurate little battle rifle.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I paid $125.00 back in 1990, sold it in 1996 for $275.00. One just sold at a local shop for $450.00.
That rifle must have had 10,000 rounds through it. $500.00 is way to much, I don't think you could recoop that. Just hold on to it a beat the snot out of it. Just make sure to clean it. It will last many life times over. It is a great 200+ yards rifle.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote