New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W AR10
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone here know who makes Smith & Wesson's new AR10? It's known that STAG makes their AR15 series, but STAG, as far I know, doesn't make an AR10 of their own yet. Interesting too is the barrel on their rifle has 5R rifling, which I believe Thompson Center was using before S&W purchased them.

I've alway said right along that an AR10 could be built light and S&W proves that as their new plain black model weighs 7.4 pounds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats a decent weight for a AR 10

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was impressed with the weight. Of course it's a thinner barrel, but it still shot pretty decent with factory ammo. Winchester stood out. Plenty plenty good enough for deer hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one laid away at my favorite gun shop. I picked up a 308 Scar last fall and want to get another 308 Ar, but not a heavy one like my 338 fed Armalite. My gun guy said he could give me a good price on one of those Calif compliant models and I could change button for here in Alaska. It listed for 1649, he told me 1414 so I'm getting it.

My gun shop now belongs to some buyers group and gets decent prices but can only get certain guns and it's sell what ya got kinda thing nowadays until things get better.

I thought I heard it was made by walther, but not sure.

I have a few stags and my 6.8 stag is a true favorite, probably kill more with that gun than any other; always seem to have it with me. Hoping the Scar replaces the 6.8 stag this summer.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the S&W AR10's. The lighter weight is easier than the Armalite AR10 at 10 lbs without sights and ammo.

I am doing one in all FDE Magpul accesories and 3X9 Kahles Scope. The other is stock black. The barrels are 1/10 not chrome loned. All reports seem to say they really shoot well. I haven't been to the range yet.

I have the Blk S&w AR10 in shop for sale, PM me if yoiu are interested.

Regards Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote