THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Dies for M1A: small base or regular full length?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dies for M1A: small base or regular full length?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What dies should I use for reloading a 308 win that will be used in an M1A? I like RCBS and they offer both small base and full length.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
regular FL dies are fine

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use The RCBS X-Die (regular base). You will get 3-4 times the case life out of it with your M1A as with any other dies. You also will not have to trim the cases. I did an extensive test on those dies and have posted it here before. If you want the test results I will post again.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote