Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield front sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted
I have recently bought a Springfield Scout rifle and really like it except for one thing that god awfull noisy muzzlebrake. Does any one make a front sight replacement without a brake of any kind that I can put on?

Shoot first. Never trust horses or women and very few mules.

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless your muzzle is a different configuration than issue I know of no reason you could not replace with issue M14 flash hider/sight?? Does your brake attach via splined section, castle nut, set screw, etc.?? Had similar rifle years ago and only difference at that time from Std. rifle and Scout was shorter barrel which ahd the issue flash hider/sight set up.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted Hide Post
Yes it does have the spline on the barrel,might just take it off and saw off that nasty muzzle brake. It's not like the gun has a recoil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How is the brake attached now? Would not think any "sawing" would be required, but not sure just how your present brake is attached.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bullwaller
posted Hide Post
I found a front site that is threaded to take different brakes. Think I'll try that.