Find
Notify
Tools

Galil/Golani rail ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Any of you know of a way to mount a rail on this rifle to enable the use of a scope or red dot type sight bewildered

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Galil mount fits into the left side of the receiver and tightens down with a screw. it provides a rail over the receiver.

I once built a mount that put a long eye-relief scope over the forearm of an ARM. Was really good for snap shooting.

Given that original Galil mounts may be difficult to come by these days, I'd get an AK top cover and see if it fits. Then I'd machine a scope mount that can be attached to that top cover. Should not be difficult to do.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Another thing to consider is the receiver on your is "backwards engineered." It's made by Ohio Rapid Fire and is very nice, but the original scope mounts don't fit most of the ORF receivers. I found this out the hard way. It was too tight, not too loose so I would think there might be hope, but You would need the help of a gunsmith.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I kind of thought it would take a gunsmith to do it. "Machining" is not my bag. I am bad enough with a screw driver..... I am going to drop a note to Century and see if they have any ideas. Thanks for your thoughts.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I would google Ohio Rapid Fire and call them too.

Best of luck!

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote