New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Point Sling Adapter for AR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went to a single-point sling on my S&W M&P 15, and used a Tapco sling adapter, which has a attachment point behind the plate. The problem is that the sling sometimes gets in the way of my wrist here.

I notice that they make single point sling adapter plates with a loop on the left or the right instead of behind the plate, sometimes both. For a right handed shooter, which would be better, a loop on the left or the right?

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got an "agency" single point on my AR. I'm right handed and the loop is on the left side (as I'm holding it in a firing position) of the carbine.

I've got a Northeast Tactical sling...same sling for AR as 870! Same attachment point too.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KAC.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I strongly recommend against a single point sling. There is no way to carry the rifle on sling without constantly covering your feet; a gross Rule 2 violation.

Most of the name schools no longer allow them on the line during class for this reason. I'm certainly not a well known instructor, but I no longer allow them either for this reason.

A properly setup 2 point like the excellent Vickers Tactical works well and doesn't cover your feet.

Semper Paratus,

Steve

Posts: 71 | Location: Bellingham WA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote