Find
Notify
Tools

6.8 SPC Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
I see that Ruger now lists a variation of their black rifle in 6.8. Has anyone here had the chance to play with one yet?

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just want a Ruger barrel blank. Smiler

Picture of sneedb82
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting, except I'd promptly remove the barrel and replace with a better spec'd one. IT's 1/10, SPCII barrel, and will not shoot the SSA Accubond 100gr Tactical loads near as well as my 1/11 Wilson combat would.

Brandon Sneed
South Texas Arms, President

NRA Endowed Life Member
GOA Life Member

Posts: 4 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but consider the substantial price difference.

I like Wilson .45 mags. Have ten or so and they work.

But anything associated with Wilson Combat automatically connotes "overpriced" to me.

My gunsmith, the best 1911 guy in Central Florida, says he doesn't know how that guy sleeps at night, what with the rediculous prices he has on his 1911's. You can only do so much to a 1911.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Wilson makes some pretty good shit and stands behind it. There is a reason everyone has heard of them, and if they are selling as much as they want they are pricing it correctly.

Before they brought out their 6.8 rifles, Mr. Wilson did extensive testing, a lot of it in the field.

Addendum: Wilson has a different market for their rifles than Ruger and their price indicates that. They compare more with other high-end makers like LaRue or Noveske.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote