THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Daewoo Precision Industries Ltd. K2...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daewoo Precision Industries Ltd. K2...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This gun combines features of M16/AR15, FN FNC and AKM. I particularly like gas system of AKM with stainless piston and M16 bolt lock-up as it seems to be best of both worlds. It takes standard M16/AR15 mags. Is this rifle worth owning? Besides lack of spare parts are there any other drawbacks?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just that it's heavy. I got rid of one years ago and regret it. I would honestly take it over an AR. It is a very accurate rifle as well. I think if it would have been imported longer, more people would know about it and the pricing would reflect that.

You won't be sorry with the Daewoo except like you said parts issues.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw one way back in August 1994. I wanted an AR carbine, so that is what I bought just 30 days before that stupid Clintoon gun ban went into effect. I still have that rifle. Years later I decided I also wanted the Deawoo K-1 (I think that is what it's called), but none were to be found. Seems the ban was the death of them. No more. Goneski. Too bad-- they were rifles that had the best of all worlds built into them. The South Korean Steel Marines use the full-auto flavor to this day...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I bought one in 88 for $370. I sold it in 92 for $750. I too regret selling it. It was a really cool rifle. The only drawback besides lack of parts is the absence of the ability to add rails for tactical accessories. Mine never jammed and was really accurate. Great rifle.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote