THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    .223 bullet that does something on impact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.223 bullet that does something on impact
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
I've had a 20" flattop for several years and usually used either the 69gr SMK or 77gr SMK except when I've whacked a couple of deer with the Speer 63gr softpoint.

I've got a few of Sierra's 65gr btsp bullets on hand but haven't shot any yet.

What bullet do you use when you expect to shoot something other than paper and bigger than rodents with your 5.56/.223?

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
60 gr Nosler Partitions ... seem to get through Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Guess I neglected the Partition, may have to get some and give them a try.

Rick

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shootersproshop has seconds listed on the "2nds Sale" tab at the right price Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Federal Tactical round as it is loaded with a Trophy Bonded Bearclaw bullet.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
........ I,m going to try the 53 ge TSX .. I know a guy who had a 45 gr X bullet from a 223 break both shoulders and exit a 400 lb cow sea lion .....

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
53 tsx or 75 a-max

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used the Speer 70 gr Semi spitzer since the early 70's with great results. Complete pass throughs on angled shots and shoulder shots. Try it you might be suprised.

Posts: 83 | Location: Saudi/Bahrain/Texas | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna get a few different bullets and see what happens.

NE450 No2,
That would explain the $1 each pricing. Smiler