THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    M1 Carbine, Springfield machined receiver in 5.7mm Johnson Spitfire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 Carbine, Springfield machined receiver in 5.7mm Johnson Spitfire
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents:

I have a heavy barreled (custom Wilson bbl) M1 carbine in 5.7mm Johnson Spitfire. It has the rare (and very desirable) Spingfield CNC machined receive and all parts are NOS. The gun is unfired. The metal is parkerized and KG Koted on top of that. I also have a bunch of mags to go with it. Also have dies and brass. Anyone interested?

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Depends. How much are you thinking about?

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin, July 4 1776
Lost once in the shuffle, member since 2000.

Posts: 199 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric:

I am thinking its a steal at $1000.00. I guess the Springfield receiver is highly desireable. I am waiting for a few parts to get back from parkerizing, then I'll assemble the rifle and take photos. The guy that 'smithed this for me used to build heavy barreled M1 carbines back in the day in 17 Carbine and .22 Spitfire. Based on my conversations with him, my hope is that this one will be very accurate. I am hoping for one inch groups at 100 yards and 3400 fps with a 40 grain pill. My chamber has a slightly snug neck to help achieve optimum accuracy. (Brass do not require neck turning).

I built this carbine as a carry coyote gun for short range calling. I'll post pics when I get it all assembled and ready for sale.

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote