New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington R 25 in .243 or .308
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a Remington R 25 n .243 or .308 yet?
Any comments on accuracy?

Posts: 10221 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .308 but I haven't had a chance to really try much different ammo out of it but with Lake City Match it's shooting about 3" at 100yds and with my 168gr. Ballistic Tips I'm getting right at 1".

I think I could get better groups if I were to put a higher power scope (I have a 1.75-5x Leupold on it) and if I put a decent trigger in it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reviews in various magazines like everything but the trigger. I do not always believe the review guys as they are paid to say relatively nice things.

Let me know your opinion when you shoot it.
Thanks

Posts: 10221 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
I have one in .243 with a .308 DPMS upper as well.
The trigger MUST go. Long gritty pull. Also the Remington upper felt gritty as it cycled. cleaned and still gritty. It seems to be going away as it's shot.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
So what is the recomended replacement trigger??
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i put a 3.5# timney in mine, i prefer the JP one however the timney is working well. you must be careful on ar's with to light a trigger. much of the trigger pull weight is derived from lightening the hammer sprint, and if you go to light it won't set off primers reliably. even at 3.5# i've found some military primers had to be hit the second time

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote