New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of an LC Smith 16 ga
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an opportunity to buy an LC Smith 16 ga. I don�t have the model yet. Looking at not so good pictures it appears to be 80% to 90% with good bbls. Anyone know the value of this gun? I don�t have my bluebook with me. Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

Those Elsies are really varied on their prices depending on what model you have and what upgrades it might have. Mine was built in 1941. I turned down $1750 for it a couple of years ago. It's the field grade featherweight and was about 98% until last year when I sent it to have a new stock, polish and rust blue, and new case colors.
The featherweights are worth a bit more to collectors as are the ones with ejectors. Get some more info and maybe we can be of more help. Oh yeah, don't buy one if it says Marlin on it anywhere.

Good Hunting,

[ 08-28-2003, 02:05: Message edited by: ACRecurve ]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK AC, Thanks. I�ve asked him to send me the model snd more info. I�ll post it when I get it.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An average value would be about $1300 for a pretty good one, and as the % of new goes up so does the price....Minty would fetch $2000 or more.

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote