Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1895 Russian Contract
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted
I have recently acquired a Winchester 1895 "Musket" stamped on the barrel and reciver is the cartridge designation "7.62 M/M". I'm sure that this is one of the contract rifles made for Czarist Russia. It is in good condition, what there is of it. It is missing the buttstock. Upper handguard, rear sight, both clip guides and numerous screws. I would dearly love to make this rifle complete. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to get parts? I have posted this same question of the "Lever Rifle" forum and received some suggestions such as Jack First and Numrich. Any body have anything else?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Browning/Winchester has the 1895 carbines in production now. You could contact them for any parts you need. They should be available.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Buckeyshooter, I had planned on that hoping that the new production parts would fit the old rifles.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many people profile stocks for Winchesters. Googling up Treebones gun stocks will find you one good source for wood and some screws too. But you will have to do the final fitting and finish.

I doubt new production will work.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote