New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x54 Mannlicher Schoeanuer parts?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I have one of these little beauties and going from the scarce information ive tracked down it was made before the 1920`s...and that action is still as smooth as silk! The stock needs a lot of work on it and is missing a few attachments (steel buttplate, sling swivels, one set trigger etc) and i would like to restore it using original components if possible. Does anyone know of a source of parts?

All the best.

Posts: 7 | Location: Cooold UK!! | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had occasional luck over the last several years finding anything for the older MS rifles (mine is a 1905 carbine 9x56MS). I did find a bolt head with ejector and extractor in a box at a gun show.
Suggest you look periodically on ebay. On some of the gun auction sites you can post "items wanted". There is someone in Austria who is building MS rifles on a custom basis (sorry I don't have any specifics). Additionally, there is a MS Collectors Association http://www.mannlicher.org, that may give you access to further sources.
Even old and worn they are still quite impressive aren't they.
Good luck.

Posts: 312 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It might be worth contacting this outfit:

http://www.eschoder.com/

You can easily date your rifle by removing the stock and looking for the proof date where the barrel joins the receiver. The last two digits will be the year proofed.

Hope this helps!

Washougal Chris

Posts: 116 | Location: Washougal, WA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got one ! two, i missed out on ,because i hesitated ,the others were from overseas and would have just been too expensive by the time it got here with all the ''charges'' involved .I read in a gun magazine article that you can put empty cases in the magazine and they will cycle through the action ,i thought suuuuuuure !!! anyway i tried it and it works!!! wooooohhooooo!! try that with your ''other super duper rifles !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Velodog,
Learned something. Tried some empty cases in the 9x56 and they do go right in. Then went to the Greek military action that I am converting to 7x57 and even with all the draw filing I've done to open the magizine well, it too will feed empty cases right into the chamber.

Posts: 312 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the useful information gents, I appreciate it!

Posts: 7 | Location: Cooold UK!! | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I have been there myself. Try looking into
http://www.mannlicherschoenauer.com/home.htm

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by velodog:
I finally got one ! two, i missed out on ,because i hesitated ,the others were from overseas and would have just been too expensive by the time it got here with all the ''charges'' involved .I read in a gun magazine article that you can put empty cases in the magazine and they will cycle through the action ,i thought suuuuuuure !!! anyway i tried it and it works!!! wooooohhooooo!! try that with your ''other super duper rifles !

I used to be able to do that with my M1 carbine. Smiler

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WinkBuy a "beater" and use it as spare parts depot!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I need a buttplate (1903 stutzen) also......anyone please holler with suggestions.
Thanks.
Alex Diner
Gainesville, FL

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Mannlicher-Schoenauer design is probably the most "controlled-feed" bolt action ever designed, even more so than the model 98 mauser.

The design of the rotary mag allows for single stack, near in-line feeding that is flawless.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So...are any of you guys interested in purchasing a Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1903 6.5x54 stutzen (carbine) .... completely unaltered ....single trigger (very light pull), absolutely excellent bore....couple of stock dings....1500.00 plus postage....holler for pics. and details.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Conifer,

I'm very interested in the carbine and sent you a PM.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
conifer,is the 1903 still available?thanks.Kimroux7@wmconnect.com

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks looking for a buttplate or insert may want to check e-bay again.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Say no more. Wink

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a complete Mannlicher-Schoenauer butt plate assembly on ebay today. Just enter "Mannlicher-Schoenauer" or just Mannlicher at the highest level search. Find surprising amount of parts that way.

LLS
Mannlicher Collector

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YOIKS!!! ....just found your posts (buttplate) today.....too late....BUT thank you VERY much for your trouble.
Alex