New
Find
Notify
Tools

August 1960 Guns Magazine.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While digging around on the net for info about Jim Clark, I found this pdf copy of an August, 1960 Guns magazine with an article on Clark by Grits Gresham, sadly both now gone on to that great shooting range in the sky.

The worst part about it is that I'm almost positive I bought and read it when it was issued. Frowner

I love the ad on page 14 for a surplus German 37 MM Anti-tank gun for only $200 plus buy ammo for $2.50/round, your choice ball or armor piercing.....those were the days.

Springfields for $29.95, Swede Carbines in 6.5x55 for the same, Argentine .45s for $39.95......

Guns Magazine

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gato---Find a Herters catalog from that era if you want some prices that make you drool. Will increase almost every ones list of adjectives too.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Savage made, U.S. Property marked, SMLE Dad bought from Sears & Roebuck, (how many remember the "Roebuck" part?), for $13.00 in 1964. Mail order right to your door. Yes, those were the days.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Gato---Find a Herters catalog from that era if you want some prices that make you drool. Will increase almost every ones list of adjectives too.

When I was a kid, in the 1960's I ordered stuff from Herters all the time.
I still have a couple of checks from them that I never cashed, both for amounts under one dollar, because I overpaid the estimated shipping charges.

I still use a few fishing pole blanks I bought from Herters and wrapped the eyes on them myself.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote