New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Python .357 Mag (((TRADED)))))
 Login/Join

Picture of 1dahunter
posted
I traded for this sight unseen as I wanted a side arm while out hunting, when I received it I realized that I couldnt take it out and shoot it, It is in mint condition although it has been fired but not much and not by me.I called Colt and found it was made in 1978, this thing looks new and comes with original paper work and dies, box of 125gr jacketed hollow points. Any one interested please make me an offer of a trade. I am pretty much open to anthing. You can reach me at jlaviary@celectcom.net

Disabled but not Down!

Posts: 6 | Location: Boyceville,Wisconsin | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiousity... why cant you use it for a hunting sidearm? Its in really great shape but its nothing extraordinary.

Posts: 114 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Needs a little adjustment too - Confused
Seems to me it shoots a might high and WAYYYYYY to the right. bewildered

I never liked the timing of the Pythons either, but good luck on your trade. I am sure there are a number of people out there who will be more than happy to accommodate you. thumb

If a day goes by when you don't learn something - it was a Total Loss!

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of 1dahunter
posted Hide Post
IHMSA-7BR I know its nothing extrodinary but it is so beautiful that I hate to use it.

OldGuy I have not fired it thats why It comes with a full box of ammo. Do you know somthing about this particular gun? If so please enlighten me as I can only go by what the previous owner has said.

Thank all Jimmy

Disabled but not Down!

Posts: 6 | Location: Boyceville,Wisconsin | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Comment about high & right was in reference to the test target. As my name infers, I don't quite remember things like I used to, but IIRC the locking lug hits the cylinder about 1/2 way through the rotation, and that's what I didn't like. It then rode against the cylinder until it went into the locking notch. HOWEVER----It could be the Diamondback that does that----or both. Since I don't have either anymore, I can't run and check. I do know a lot of guys in the past have lusted after Pythons over other Colts. You shouldn't put much trust in the idle recollections of an old fart like me. I am sure there are others with much sharper recall than me, who can set me straight, and give you some usable information at the same time. I am sure someone will trade you for something you will feel more comfortable carrying into the woods and shooting.

If a day goes by when you don't learn something - it was a Total Loss!

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of 1dahunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks OldGuy I was just curious. It is so nice looking that I really didnt want to mess it up taking it out in the woods and thought that maybe some one would like to have it as Im not a collector. Thanks again Jimmy

Disabled but not Down!

one of us
posted Hide Post
A mint Python is very hard to come by today.

If it were me, I would accept nothing less than $800 in trade and possibly up to $1000.

A fine gun like this would easily bring that kind of money at auction.

-Spencer

Picture of 1dahunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks ShopCartRacing, It has been traded, I was offered a new Rem 700 BDL 7mm Mag. Thanks all. Jimmy

Disabled but not Down!