Find
Notify
Tools

Iver Johnson
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
As the title implies,I have a 32 cal.top break 5 shot in what I would give 98%+,mirror bore w/ sharp rifling.VERY clean + crisp Very tight lockup .I bought this in addition for what I wanted in an estate sale.Thought of asking $350.00.Suggestions?....No,I can not put photos up until my son comes by to do so.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A while back I came across a similar revolver- a Smith&Wesson DA32, Third Model in .32 S&W Short. Made in 1886, strangely enough it had never been fired. I say that because a). the bore was perfect... b). the bluing was still there, with the exception of a little wear around the muzzle. The face of the cylinder also had the original bluing on it... and c). the latch had never been properly fitted. Eeker To open the latch, the owner had to insert a screwdriver under it and pry it up Eeker Eeker. The latch was original- the serial number matched the rest of the gun. I had to stone nearly .060" off of it in order to get it to the point where it could be opened without a prybar. How it ever made it out the door at the factory is a mystery to me. I paid $225 for it.

Porosonik.

Vetting voters= racist. Vetting gun buyers= not racist. Got it?

Posts: 407 | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote