New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: C96 BROOMHANDLE MAUSER PISTOL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I didn't get to call yet but should be able to today, their webpaged specifically mentions that Broomhandles and Lugers are excempt but I will call to get the skinny ref repro stocks.
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Sharps, the Broomhandle is a C&R pistol, and like my Inglis Hipower, can have a detachable shoulder stock if originally fitted. This means you cannot take a non-stocked pistol and cut it for a stock. Some people still argue over whether a reproduction shoulder stock is ok, I can't find the post right now but previously I have seen an ATF answer somewhere that a reproduction stock would be acceptable and still maintain it's C&R status. Look through the ATF site on Curios and Relics and they give you a lot of answers.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I will call the ATF tomorrow to see what I can find out. The backstrap is cut for a stock but I don't have an original one. I would think that a replica should be ok as it is a "replacement part". I will post the answer tomorrow.
Jason

one of us
posted Hide Post
All I was able to talk to at the ATF today were voicemail boxes, I will try again on Monday...
Jason