New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What Is This Mauser Worth?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In original condition the half stock 7x57 will usually be found for under $1,000. The full stock versions are definitely over $1,000. The Leupold scope adds a couple hundred $. The post-1949 models have the square bridges for using rings, but I prefer the early ones with the charging hump.

From common to rare, the available cartridges were:

8x57, 7x57, 6.5x57, 6.5x55, 8x60 and 7x64 (also 9x57, but I have never seen one).

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback Kurt. It does have the safety and butt plate as you describe. I am not sure of the iron sights or a cut or not in the stock.

The rifle has a real personality. This is a nice piece.

I am unsure if I will buy it or not. If I pass I will turn it over to the members here.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a good price if everything is original. The length of pull to the front trigger should be about 14.25" over a checkered plastic buttplate. The bolt handle should come over the stock, not inletted through it. It should have a small 2-position safety on the left side. The rear sight should have one standing and one folding leaf. The charging hump on the rear ring should not have been ground off for the scope mount.

Send pics if possible.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a Brno rifle made in 1946. The caiber is 7X57 and the barrel length is 21". It has double set triggers with a big bow trigger guard. It has a butter knife bolt handle and the front sling swivel is on the barrel. The stock is a typical european with the small cheekpiece. It has a Leu Vari-X111 1.5-5 with mounts that may be Conetrol's. The rifle fits me with a reach for the front trigger as expected. The bore is bright and sharp.

He is asking $1200 for it.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote