Notify
Tools

What floats your boat ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Old Winchesters? Colts? For me, it's this kind of stuff:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are dandys! They are functional art!

I do like a nice pre 64 Winchester 70 for hunting and shooting.

Edited for spelling

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post

I kinda got a thing for Smith and Wesson Revolvers

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I used to have a few Smiths myself, down to a 4" 629 and a 642. My favorite was a 4 screw M27 5", 2Ts, like new in original box. Wish I had it back.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Husqvarna sporting rifles of the early Tradewinds era, Mauser military rifles pre-1943, and a number of American made firearms of the 1948-1964 era.

Workmanship, proven designs, function, and accuracy.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the FN Huskies too. Anything traditional Mauser 98.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antiques -- handguns, rifles, shotguns. Muzzle loaders, military, production stuff like Colt, Win. Stevens, LC Smith, old Mausers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey FLA...

Great question and thanks for the photo.

Nice assortment of S&W's, Buckeye!

I guess I've got too many oars in the water to have just one type to float the boat...

Lever-guns are fun... ol' Military stuff has a special allure... handguns have been increasingly enjoyable at the range and will hopefully have an opportunity for Whitetail this season.

[I could have had a young 6-pt last year, but my wife wanted me to not miss a flight to travel with the in-laws to bro-in-law's wedding in Vegas last fall. I was walking out of the woods when the fella presented himself to me at @ 50 yds. I blew in the game call while standing behind a tree... it was like reeling in a fish! His curiosity brought him to within ~15 yds. I love that little 'hide and seek' thing they do when they try to discover what you are. I had the Ruger SBH .44 Rem Mag with me, but just did not have time to process the harvest]... Ahh... when does the Season start?!

-But really, it's what performs well and brings back the game that matters most to me.

-Keep the photos coming, gents!

patriot

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Mausers, mausers & more Mausers. I will never have enough.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote