New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some old, unique guns of mine...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have in my possesion a couple of seemingly unique firearms, Perhaps only unique because I have never seen any other like them. The first being a 30-30 in a bolt action with detachable four round magazine. Any info including an estimate in price would be nice please. The second firearm is a Ducks Unlimited 10 guage pump action shotgun. This one has a high gloss walnut stock, high blue garrel and reciever with gold etchings of hunting scenes on the latter. It also has the origional case, gun locks, keys, and manuals, and I believe three chokes. All of these specs are from memory as the actul guns are in storage elswhere in the world.

Please, any info as to age, value and rarity on these guns would be greatly appreciated.

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Certainly there is some writing on these guns that would give us a few more clues....

But I would guess the 30-30 is a Savage 340 (or Stevens variant). They are rather common and were a price-line gun to begin with and can routinely be picked up at gunshows for under $275.

The 10 ga pump sounds like a Browning, something made within the past 20 years.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or a remington 788, or Savage 40 or Super Sporter as they were sometimes called. Or a Savage/Stevens marked Revelation, Higgins, Ted Williams, or 1 of many brand names they made guns for. A picture is worth a 1000 words, but a few words would help tremendously. Whats marked on the barrel? Receiver?

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned the two firearms are in storage at a location I will not be able to access for another couple months due to transportation. I really apreciate your help and I know I don't have many specs on the guns but, god willing, I will at a later date, including photgraghs. I myself can barely type, let alone scan, so my partner will help me with such things. Thank you very kindly until then.

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your location covers a big area, but if you're in YK or thereabouts, I'll take a look at them for you.

~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote