THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the going price on a markII Express Ruger?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
I found a MarkII express in 300 mag and the guy wants 800.00 for it.

It has a few marks on the wood but it is a nice rifle with very nice wood on it.

I sure as hell dont need another rifle but I like quality and this one has it.

What are your thoughts?

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in mint shape, maybe $550

Posts: 10200 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cal 30,

I bought a Ruger Express a few years ago. The dealer was asking $900 for it and I paid a little less. I just had to have it cause of the fancy wood. In a practical sense the rifle is a safe queen but it looks so nice to me.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Savage they do have very nice wood.

I like the workmanship in them....

What cal is yours?

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a 270 which is not that hot a choice for the rifle. Some of them were made in much larger rounds.

To top it off while this receiver is marked 'MARK 11' is not control round feed! The bolt face has a lip on the bottom of it like the old ones and it will not feed a rim under the extractor.

Never the less its very pretty. Kind of heavy for actual hunting but it shoots well.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Savage that is an unusual rifle...

A Mark II that is not controlled and has the
Safty on the shroud?

Cal30

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Frankly, these guns are easily worth $800. The integral sight barrell alone ensures that to be the case. If anyone knows of one (or more) available in 30-06 or 308, I would like to buy!

One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Never seen one for less than $900 myself.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, If you dont do the deal, let me know, I need that 300 to complete the set. Thanks Royce

Posts: 75 | Location: Spring, Texas,USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal30,
I remember when the first Mark II rifles came out and they did indeed have a push feed design. That was also about the time they sold rifles with blued actions / stainless steel barrels.

Thanks...

quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Savage that is an unusual rifle...

A Mark II that is not controlled and has the
Safty on the shroud?

Cal30

Posts: 188 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 March 2006Reply With Quote