Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win Model 52
 Login/Join

posted
I have a 1942 Win 52 with redfield front,scope blocks,and a Vaver Co Ltd rear peep. Other than the trigger guard and base plate( which I would rate 60%), the stock and metal is 95-97%. What would be a ballpark value?

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Hard to say....$300? $400? These older .22 target rifles don't appeal to the modern smallbore shooters. They were great for their time but sights, triggers, and stock adjustments don't measure up to the new stuff.

For awhile it was real popular to buy up these old target 52's (clip versions) and make up 52 Sporters. But that niche has been filled up by a number of other high-quality full sized .22's.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The value should be alot more than $3-400 bucks, have a dealer in older guns take a look at it. The Winchester 52 is still highly popular and should (if it aint mucked up) fetch a good sum.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yep Griz, it is worth more than 3-400. About one "0" more Cool. The Vaver rear peep + the heavy barrel + its overall condition = about 1400 at a local gun shop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you keeping or selling? With the prices they can bring in it's hard to keep it if you don't use-um. I missed out (no dough) on a mint 52c target for $800, up here we don't see the minty ones too often.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In general terms, the shooters fetch between $500 - $750. Same can be said for the model 37 Remington too. Double those prices if they have target stocks, good peep sites, magazine and single shot adaptor, Canjar triggers, and vintage Freeland accessories. Add another $400-$750 if equipped with Lyman/Unertl optics.

I've spent three years fixing up a model 37 Range Master and have more money into it than I do a used Anschutz, but they are cool, and they shoot.