Find
Notify
Tools

Ackley and Neidner Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted
First off , I’m not a rifle collector I’m a rifle accumulator. I have a few nice rifles and a lot of not so nice ones. I love ‘em all.

However, that being said, I need some knowledgeable assistance regarding the value of a couple of rifles I recently picked up at an auction.

An old timer here in town (in his 80’s) recently decided to retire so he auctioned off all his business stock, cars, trucks and firearm related stuff. He had about 100 rifles and about 50 pistols for auction.

I picked up a couple that caught my eye. A PO Ackley, 228 Ackley Magnum on a Springfield ’03 action. And a AO Neidner target 22lr on a Winchester model 52 target action.

The Ackley looks like it’s from the 50s or 60s, has a Springfield action SN 815XXX made in 1918. Bluing and condition appear to be about 90%. The wood is really good.

The Neidner, SN 16XX according to the information I have been able to Google up was made in 1939 and if the mark info I got was correct it was made by ol AO hisself. It has scope blocks but no scope, it has Lyman 523 adjustable target sights on it. Condition appears to be about 80%.

I have pictures (not very good ones) that I can post if that would help. I don’t intend to sell these rifles but I would like to know if they are worth anything…

Thanks

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whether you are in the sales mode or not is totally immaterial. You asked for honesty in appraisal.That in all honesty I could not give for a Neidner + Ackley original piece sight unseen. If your intention is to turn them then I recommend a reputable auction house."The Gun List " magazine has many listing thereof.

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Porkypine
posted Hide Post
Thanks Norm, I was just hoping to get a number for insurance purposes....

Otherwise, nose wet... I'll go with my gut...

Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy....Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 52 | Location: Northwest Colorado | Registered: 10 August 2003Reply With Quote