New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question of value: Winchester Model 21
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I couldn't resist picking up this Model 21 on my travels last spring. I have always been a fan of double barrels and this one just piqued my interest. The serial number dates it as a late 40's model and it's in pretty good shape, but has definitely been used. There seems to be a few modifications that may have been done by Simmons when the gun was first ordered, but other than that, in original condition. I'm wondering what the value is in today's Winchester market.

Chris
Walnut Grove Gunstocks

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 31 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look on 'Guns International' or 'GunsAmerica' and see what folks are asking for a similar gun. The finish looks a bit worn and the rib will detract from its value. The M21 is a wonderful shotgun, my favorite duck gun.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice find! Check out Gun Broker and sites like that, should give you an idea of what they are going for.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we looked at this fine shotgun last time we were up to shop blanks. I offered Chris a hundred bucks, cash money, but he turned me down.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Do you think Simmons did the choke modification to the left barrel?

I had an opportunity to pick up a mint ANIB Model 21 in 16-bore for $750 about 9-10 years ago. Unfortunately there was very little bird shooting in my part of western Oregon, so I passed on it.

Since then the prices have gone nutso into the atmosphere.

Would have been a very good investment.

So, if it was mine, I'd consign it to a well known collector's auctioneer, or sell it through some place like Jaqua's.

(That's IF I wanted to sell it.)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote