Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 11-48 28 ga Skeet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Were these offered with a Cutts Compesator from the factory???

Have happened upon an 11-48 28 ga in very good condition. It is a factory "Skeet" model. It has a Cutts Compensator on it. The barrel is marked "Skeet" and below it is stamped "C C"
Could the "C C" mean its a factory Cutts Compensator?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C C is probably the date of mfg. April of 1956. I don't think Remington ever offered the Cutts as an option on the 11-48.
I have on of those too. Nice little gun.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello the campfire:
Remington did offer the cutts on the Skeet modles as a factory option I think it was a "Skeet B", I just sold a pair of 1100sin 28 and 410 in great shape. Around here they go for $500.00 used in 90-95% condition retail, if you can find them. I got a good premium on tp of the retai.I hated to sell , but I had not shot them in 35 years and the guy was wetting his pants to get them for is son.
Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an 11-48 in 28 gauge, field model, IC choke, no rib. Shot my only 25 straight at skeet with it, and used it to limit out on early season doves a couple of times. I retired it with a Beretta 687 O/U field grade...

Posts: 453 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote