New
Find
Notify
Tools

Al Biesen 458 started at $100.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

This rifle is offered on a "reserve not met" contract. So I call up the number there and get some old retired gun dealer who is not the seller or auction lister. He knows nothing about the site or the internet.

I ask him what the reserve price is and he tells me its about $5000. To be honest I forgot what the exact price was as I lost interest.

These auctions with a starting price of $100 that expect someone to bid are a waste of time and I told him so.

URL

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the waste of time? Did you expect to buy it for $1000? The seller had an asking/reserve price, it wasn't met. Whether it was too high is for the market to determine. Since it reached at least $3500, maybe he'll put it back in at a lower price. That's his choice.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody ought to tell the seller to get a better photo! Wink

What's that guy thinking putting a custom gun on an old piece of cardboard box in his garage with oil stains on the concrete? bewildered

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote