Find
Notify
Tools

Sako classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlemen,

Back in the mid 1980's Sako made what I believe they called a classic. It was on a AV action or a L61. It had a trimmer stock than the traditional square forend Sako guns, in fact it was rounded and had a trimmer wrist area. It had a satin finish rather than a gloss finish. I do not think they made these but a few years and never see them for sale.
Any of you fellows ever see them?

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had one of those in a 270 Win. It didn't appear to want to shoot that well, so I foolishly traded it off! Big Grin Wish I could get it back!

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Gun Broker. There are a couple for sale there now. I know an 06 and a 270 and maybe others.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I had one in '06, was too heavy for it's purpose and I sold it to "Harry"

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Howdy EEzrider,

There were two runs of the classics. Some on the AIII action and later on the AV, I've even seen pix of AI's and AII's.

I've got an AV 7mm mag with drop dead gorgeous wood. I also have a S591 NIB in .243 that I'm saving for my boy. They are a sweet set up.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 398 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've owned a couple Sako AV Classics in the last couple years, both were 7mm Rem Mag.
Top one is one I had back in 2008, not a bad piece of wood, it shot very well. The lower one is one I acquired last winter that supposedly had one box of ammo thru it and it looked the part, very nice wood on that one. It's now gone to a local Sako nut.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Here's the stock off of my 7mm. It's wearing a mcmillan hunter style right now.

and my son's .243. I need to take another shot. This one isn't very representative.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 398 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote