New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original oberndorf sporting rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I could use some help, I have just ordered the book "Mauser: Original Sporting rifles by Jon Speed, Walter Schmid and Reiner Herrmann.

I would like to extend the list of serial numbers, so if You have the time to post what type, sn, caliber and any modifications made, I would greatly appreciate it!

I will start with the few that I have:

Type B, sn 56616, 7x57 Mauser, rebarrel from 9x57 Mauser, claw mounted Pecar 4x81, red silver pad, new oil finnish, sako trigger w side safety installed, bolt handle bent.

Type B, sn 76544, 9x57 Mauser, DST, Talley bases and rings holds a Helia-super 2.3-7x33,
rear sight not original,stipperclip rails removed, bolt handle filed and reblued to clear the scope.

Type B, sn 124420, 8x60S , DST, English style bottom metal magazine opening of 3.46" or 88mm.
There are two vertical rails in the back end of the magazine box, spot welded, to grip the cases extractor grove as a means to prevent the cartriges from moving during recoil.
The only thing done to this one is more oil to the stock.

Many Thanks

Jens

Posts: 57 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote