Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre Transfer bar Ruger 44
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Ruger 44 mag 3 screw, pre transfer bar, the gun has a high finish black with Gold lettering on the 7 inch barrel "Storm Ruger & Co Inc."
Can anybody tell me anything about this gun. I have not seen any of this model with the high luster finish and the gold lettering.

Posts: 7 | Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA | Registered: 08 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Try therugerforum.com. They will tell you. Be prepared to post pictures. Your description is vague and insufficient .

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a certified Ruger junkie I can help a bit. I suspect what you have is an Old Model Super Blackhawk (OMSBH) with a 7 1/2" barrel. At times of their manufacture they came with a very high polished blue. The gold lettering is not original and was added by one of its owners. You can go to Ruger's website and with the serial number determine the year it was shipped. If you call Ruger, they will tell you all you could want to know and will give you a letter covering same. As to value, well I would need to see detail photos and serial number to give a range. It should look something like this one below. It is a shooter OMSBH of mine that has been tweaked a bit and reblued.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Assuming that it has not been "fixed" for "free" by the factory (retrofitted with transfer bar), the "three screw" Super Blackhawk is a highly desirable piece with most Six Gun enthusiasts. As Boxhead indicates, the high luster blue is factory, but the gold lettering is not. This is not a big problem, because the "gold" filler can probably be removed with the proper solvent without damaging the bluing. If everything else is original and in excellent condition, I would guess it in the $500 range, plus or minus depending on the barometric pressure, sun spot situation, and tides.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I took some pictures along with it's 3 extra sets of grips, Pearl, wood grips, and a set of Uncle Mikes.

Posts: 7 | Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA | Registered: 08 May 2007Reply With Quote